Monday, January 23, 2012

Delicious Appetizers by Giada

Another food post, what can I say? It's a major hobby...

I had a lovely social gathering at my house this past weekend, which centered around wine and cheese. I wanted to provide a couple of other things to snack on though, and I turned to Giada, who I've pretty much decided is my culinary hero and guru. Her recipes almost never steer me wrong!

The first appetizer was cheese-stuffed, prosciutto wrapped dates.


I made them for my parents and parents-in-law when I was in the northeast as well, and they went over really really well. The salty prosciutto is wonderful with the sweet gooey dates, and the cheeses and basil inside finish off a delicious combo. I also find this appetizer really convenient for entertaining, because I can make it ahead and it's fine to have it sitting at room temperature for a period of time.

The other appetizer, which I made for the first time yesterday, was whole wheat pita chips with mascarpone-chive dipping sauce.


I love this one as well, it was a great slightly elegant but simple snack, and was really easy to whip up. Both the chips and dipping sauce tasted delicious, in my opinion.

I highly recommend both of these recipes, and appetizers by Giada in general. I definitely search her recipes first when I'm trying to find good apps for entertaining!

[Both photos in this post are from www.giadadelaurentiis.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment