Well, I wouldn't exactly say it went by super quickly, but in some ways, it seems like I just started my 1L year, and now it's over! To be honest, it wasn't always as awful as it's made out to be. The finals aspect, sure, but during the rest of the semester it was relatively manageable. It probably helps that I genuinely like learning and I'm pretty much a nerd.
For now (I finished with exams Friday) I am just taking some time to relax without the constant feeling that I should possibly be studying, and shaking off the constant stress that accompanies the end of the semester. I have a week off before I start my first internship, which is probably the perfect amount of time. I'll be doing a few little things here and there, but most of my time will be flexible, which will be nice indeed.
So, it's a turning point, and I'm relieved and excited for the summer. A lot of my school friends will still be in town, and hopefully I'll see them relatively often during evenings and weekends. But the thing I'm most excited for now? Probably not hard to guess that it's hubby's return! It's not super soon, but it's also not really that far away. The latter part of the summer (when he'll be back here) is shaping up to be pretty fantastic, I'd say!
I can't come up with much else super interesting to post today. I caught up with my mom, appropriately, and got to chat with Kristen as well. I look forward to hopefully reconnecting with other out-of-town friends too now that I'm back to hopefully having a more balanced life!
It was great to catch up (as usual), and again, congratulations on being done with 1L year!! :-)
ReplyDelete