Today was a day of car accidents - but none that I was in, before you worry!
The big kahuna was a fatal pedestrian/semi truck crash that happened at 2 am on the highway that I use to commute to school (and now work). Luckily I heard about it on the radio and I was able to take an alternate route, because to go through that area would have been a NIGHTMARE - I am 99% sure. At the time of rush hour, my side of the highway was apparently closed, and the other side was either entirely closed or one lane was open maybe. The accident had occurred (with the jack-knifed semi) on "my" side of the highway. Ugh. Luckily I was able to go around, but I was still slightly late to work. No one cared, but it was kind of annoying anyway.
I ALSO heard about a separate accident on my same highway route that morning, so that was another.
When my good friend S and I were headed to dinner tonight we witnessed, in real time, an accident that was probably (hopefully) a fender bender. We were waiting to turn left at the light, which was red (my friend was driving), and all of a sudden a Volkswagen turned right on red and collided with a red car coming perpendicular through its green light. My best guess is the Volkswagen wasn't paying enough attention and the red car was changing lanes from the left lane to the right lane, and they collided with each other right in front of us. The front bumper of the Volkswagen came entirely off the car right then and there... we know one of the drivers was okay and we hope the other was as well, but we saw a third person coming to help so we proceeded to our dinner.
And on top of that, I think I saw some emergency vehicles on one of the overpasses on my way home tonight. I don't know what it is about today!
Here's hoping for more overall safety (and a normal commute) tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment