Friday, September 14, 2012

Middle of September!

Just a little Friday night update before my hubby gets home.

These past couple of weeks have been non-stop for us both! I am hitting the ground running at school, and things have been crazy for hubby at work. For me, it's not so much the classes (I have a slightly lighter load this semester, and I survived what everyone says is the hardest year already), because they are just starting. It's really the other activities I have taken on this year, along with the job search for next summer. Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but things happen really early with law school job searches! Despite stresses here and there, I am enjoying my classes and activities, there are just a lot of them. It is really nice to take classes I chose myself instead of a mandated curriculum, like the first year.

In addition to our busy work and school lives, hubby and I have been busy socializing, oddly enough. We went to a friend's birthday party last weekend, are going to a law school social event tomorrow night, AND have a military ball in a couple of weeks! On top of that, I will be out of town at the end of this coming week and get to see some old college friends while I'm back in College Town! I'm excited, but it's definitely another thing keeping my to do list loaded, even as I complete other tasks.

That being said, I can't complain. Hubby is living at home with me, I am enjoying school when it's not too crazy, and we've been spending time with friends. At this rate though, the holidays (and finals) will be here before we know it! I'm just hopeful I can keep up with all my obligations and keep up with friends near and far this semester. I certainly will do my best.

That's about all for now. After hubby gets home tonight, we'll do the usual Friday (homemade) pizza and a movie thing!

Oh... that reminds me actually - let me share some recipes I've made and liked recently!

Asian Bowtie Pasta Salad (click for link)


This salad had delicious sesame flavors running through it, with yummy vegetables and chicken. It made for a great take-to-school lunch as well - tastes great hot, room temp, or cold. 



Hubby was a big fan of these, and I liked them too. I made some modifications, like low fat sour cream instead of fat free, but I mostly followed the recipe. It came together easily and was definitely tasty!



This recipe is fantastic - I highly recommend it. It's super easy (especially if you already have cooked chicken, but even if you don't), tastes awesome, and is reasonably healthy, especially if you use low-cal/whole grain/whatever tortillas. It's so good I've already made it twice, the second time with beef. Gets high marks from both hubby and me, and it will be a repeat player in this household! 

Thanks for indulging the last minute recipe share. We may be busy, but homemade dinner is always a priority for us! And much like last year, meal-planning is key and makes putting dinner on the table much much easier.

Note: all recipe photos are from the linked websites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment