That all changes in the fall though! Around mid-September and October, I become aware that the trees are turning colors back home, and I remember years of walking around with the leaves crunching underfoot, sweater weather, visiting apple orchards and pumpkin patches, and all the various foods related to the fall harvest. I just really enjoy the "in between," the nip in the air, and all the gorgeous colors on the trees. I'm sad to say, I took it for granted when I was growing up because I didn't realize how unique the season was at home. Now I live here at Military Home #2, and all it's doing is going from hot to slightly cooler (aka, still pretty warm most of the time). What can I say, I'm learning that I'm a seasons person!
So, in my fit of nostalgia, some things to share, more for myself than anything else -
Sigh, fall. (Found this on Pinterest.)
I'm hoping to make this with and/or for a friend sometime soon -
I would also love to make some type of apple dessert... maybe for family at Thanksgiving time?
As you can probably tell, I've got the holidays on my mind too - we'll have one set of family here for Thanksgiving and the other for Christmas, since hubby's work won't allow for travel this year. I'm excited to host! It would be nice to travel home, but as long as I'm with hubby, I'm good. And it will be great to have family here. I'm definitely daydreaming about all the food I can make for everybody. And ignoring the fact that finals will also be occurring in the time frame between Thanksgiving and Christmas...
Anyway, there you go. I'm feeling seasonal, even if the local weather is not!



No comments:
Post a Comment