Saturday, May 29, 2010

Whirlwind!

Well, life has officially entered that crazy time period of transition and change that I have been anticipating for months now. After we both returned to our schools after Ocean City, we spent the week preparing for our respective graduations. Then, on May 22, while I did this:


He did this:


The next day, late at night after my parents and I finally managed to package up all my stuff, leave some of it with my aunt and uncle in MD so I had room to sit in the back seat, and drive home through varying amounts of traffic, we were reunited at my parents' house and we've been together ever since. It's pretty crazy and not quite real that for the time being, our long distance relationship of four years is over, and while there will be future separations (painful ones), it is going to be different from here on out. Also, leaving my school, I didn't really cry as much as I thought, but not from lack of missing it. In some ways I feel like I am just on break and I'm going back soon - but I know that's not true, and I think maybe it still hasn't quite sunk in. Also, most of my closest friends from school will be at the wedding, so I'm going to see them in two short weeks.

Speaking of which! The wedding is super super close, and there is still a lot to do, mainly because I/we were kind of busy graduating and all that... I have definitely had a couple breakdowns (sorry to my patient fiance for those) but I am trying to keep my perspective and realize that the most important things will get done and it will be a wonderful day. Of course we also have large amounts of stuff to go through, sort, organize, pack, unpack, repack, and generally get ready to move at the end of June (in a month! eek!) but again, I just have to trust that bit by bit it will get done.

Sidenote: I just realized that in four days the wedding will be on the 10-day weather forecast - this is seriously crazy!

Today is a graduation party at Dave's family's house for us both. It's nice to celebrate together, since we graduated on the same day and couldn't be there for each other. It was of course a bummer in many ways, but I just tried to enjoy my own graduation weekend without being too sad to miss his. I did catch a couple of moments on live streaming video while I was prepping for my own graduation ceremony, which was nice considering I couldn't physically be there.

I will try to update when I have the chance, but it may well be sparse during this period while everything is going on every which way. You can be sure though that I will try to update on everything eventually, complete with photos and all of that!

It's a crazy new time in life, and I'm feeling excited, somewhat nervous, and I really just don't know what to expect. It is nice to have my almost-husband by my side though, and know that we are in this together. Oh, and we even have our mailing address in our new future home! Little things like this make me happy. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know how all that craziness goes! I don't know when it sets in that you are together - I still don't feel that way haha. Maybe after the deployment I'll get a taste of that reality, but enjoy it while you can and don't worry about reality sinking in - I don't think there's ever a "normal" so don't try and make it happen :P Have fun and YAY for the wedding being so close. A little stress is OK but overall, enjoy every moment of it because the anticipation is almost as good as the day itself :)

    ReplyDelete