Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A New Toy

Well, I held out valiantly for awhile, but I too have succumbed to the lure of the smart phone. Last week I ordered my brand new Droid (3, if you want to know), and after going out of town (post to come!) I picked it up at the location where the shipping company held it for me after it tried to deliver. I did little else yesterday aside from some grocery shopping and getting to know my new phone. It definitely felt overwhelming with everything there was to customize, apps to download, and all those fun things, but it definitely fulfilled my expectations and I can't wait to integrate the new phone into my life!

Alas, the challenge now is to NOT pick up my phone and play with it all the time, and actually accomplish the things I need to get done this week. Of course, I made a to-do list in the phone... so there you have the perpetual challenge that I'll face as a new smart phone user. :-)

I got to hang out with college girlfriends this weekend (which was fantastic) and in discussing smart phones someone mentioned a study showing that when talking about iPhones vs. Droids, the same part of the brain lights up as when one discusses religion. Funny, but maybe less surprising than you'd think at first!

So there's my new purchase, with which I have crossed to the "other side." It certainly is a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. I've been telling the story about the part of the brain to everyone who will listen. Since I'm an admitted Apple snob, I can see how that could be true. Glad you're having fun with your new toy!!

    ReplyDelete