Friday, August 5, 2011

Marriage, Gotta Love It!

Well, all of a sudden, hubby is back. It's not under the results we'd hoped for, but him being back is the most important thing - so that is what I'm focusing on! Really though that's just an introduction to the following story.

He stopped by work this morning and got back pretty early. After so long apart, we are going to dinner and a movie tonight (yay!) and he asked about the details of when the movie was and what restaurant we'll eat at. I gave him those, and then, knowing the type of person I am, he continued the conversation as follows:

Him: "What type of place is it?"
Me: "A steakhouse."
Him: "And what are you having?"
Me: "Well, there's one pasta dish that looks good but I think I might go ahead and get a steak."

I didn't even miss a beat, even though you might think this would be a weird question. You see, hubby knows that when I get excited about something, I like to look it up on the internet and daydream about/plan the details if I can. This morning I did in fact go to the restaurant's website to peruse their offerings and decide what I might like... because that's what I do, and hubby instinctively knew I had without even having to ask.

There are a lot of other little details of our interactions that I am rediscovering these past few days. I'm loving every minute. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! And I love the two of you! I'm so glad you had a fun date night and that hubby is bringing some entertainment (among other things) back into your life :)

    ReplyDelete