Friday, March 16, 2012

Break (?)

I guess I am in a serious, professional school - my spring break only partially feels like one. I got to go out to the West coast for a wonderful celebration (more on that in a minute), but the rest of the week I've just still had a lot on my to do list. I guess this is what being an adult is. Lame! In addition to "life errands" and appointments and such, the second part of the semester is upon us, meaning I'll be upset with myself if I don't use the break at all for schoolwork. Good times. In the scheme of things, these are small problems indeed. It's just to say, where has this week gone? (Also, I would be concealing the truth if I said I haven't used a couple mornings to sleep late, that I've definitely watched some TV, and that I'm going to our town's big event with a friend tomorrow - some fun is definitely happening among all the to dos.)

But yes! My trip. It was a great total break from school, and wonderful time with family (grandparents and parents at the same time - win!). Of course it was also very special to celebrate my grandparents' 50th anniversary - that's nothing to sniff at!

 I made cheesecake, and my grandparents fed it to each other. I thought it would be cute, and I think I was right. 

 My lovely mama at a winery (we had some time to do things together - most or all of which had something to do with wine or food) 

 A meat and cheese board - yum!

Gorgeous chocolates at a local shop

The plus side of this week going by so fast? That much closer to hubby coming back. I'm through apologizing to myself for counting down. The rest of my life is great. I'm a very lucky person. But as I have been telling a lot of people lately, I'm over my husband being gone. Plain and simple. Hopefully I'll not whine about it too much on my blog between now and summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment