Friday, May 23, 2014

*Tap Tap*

... is this thing on? Haha, super cliche, but it seems appropriate anyway.

I blogged exactly once last year, it turns out. AND it was more than a year ago, almost a year and a half. Friends and family (especially family) urged me to start up again. Husband would ask a lot when I was going to blog again, until he stopped, because I hadn't yet (why he needs to follow my blog to keep up with my life is beyond me). The blog was on my mind and sometimes I meant to start writing again, but that never happened and here we are.

Why now? Well, to be honest part of it is that now that I have officially entered the 9-10 weeks known as "studying for the bar" (congratulations, you graduated from law school, now you get to do this!), I have realized that I have a lot of flexible time on my hands and less social interaction than has been normal. Don't get me wrong, I am going to hopefully see a lot of my friends this summer, but at the same time, I live a decent drive away from most of them and I don't have the structure of seeing people at school every day. I set my own schedule, and all of my "work" for these two months will take place in my home office. Some days, including today, I don't drive anywhere and I barely interact with other humans in person. Hence, the desire to start up this outlet again.

Also, I am moving at the end of the summer, for the first time in three years. It will be a change in situation and I might want to chronicle aspects of it. Thinking it through though, I am thinking I am going to restrict the blog to the personal side of my life, and even by that I mean leisure, hobbies, trips, that sort of thing. I am lucky enough to be starting a wonderful job in August, but discussing it online wouldn't really be appropriate for a few reasons. Friends and family, just ask me how it's going if you want to know! And I try to keep truly personal things off of forums like public blogs for pretty obvious reasons as well. So what will be here? I still meal plan and try to eat well, so I'll probably share some of that. I am gardening again. Improving my exercise habits is a constant struggle so some of that might get thrown in too. And who knows, maybe I will share articles and links I find interesting too - sometimes I feel like I overdo it with links on a certain book of faces.

I am not going to try to catch up on everything I didn't record here. I am just going to start again, because the beauty of a personal blog is that I can do that. I will say though, that now I am here on the other side of law school (as opposed to when I started this blog, and it was on the horizon). It wasn't always exactly fun, but I would say that overall I thrived. I met some wonderful friends and had more than a few great opportunities. I will miss many aspects of the student lifestyle, but I am excited to have a "big girl job" for the first time in my life and see the investment start to pay off (obviously with a good chunk of it going to pay for the investment...).

So, we'll see what happens! Until next time. Maybe it will be sometime this year, who knows?

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're back! Can't wait to read your updates again :-)

    ReplyDelete