So far I have cooked a couple of things that I've frozen for later. I made some shrimp spring rolls and froze about half of them in a freezer bag. Just this week I made Cincinnati Chili (recipe is linked). I doubled the recipe, which made 6 servings, ate one serving for dinner, refrigerated two, and froze nine servings! I put the nine servings in three separate freezer bags so I can spread them out over time. As you can see below, I froze the chili flat in the bags so they wouldn't take up much space. I don't have a chest freezer or anything like that, so I will have to be careful about how much space these meals take up. I will update from time to time on how freezing is going. Hoping that cooking all the time will be one less thing to worry about come July!
The chili I ate for dinner - on top of whole wheat spaghetti, with chopped onion and shredded cheddar cheese.
Chili in the freezer! Ready to be thawed and enjoyed later.
If you happen to be reading this and have any (at least moderately) healthy recipes that freeze well, feel free to send them my way!
No comments:
Post a Comment