Well, maybe I should reserve judgment until the successful completion of tonight's gathering, but I am excited nonetheless. I am throwing a little dinner party for a total of 8, including myself, basically for a group of ladies I know from hubby's training. On the menu? Both the appetizer and main entree are things I've made before - Tyler Florence's Caramelized Onion Toasts to start, followed by PW's Chicken Scallopine. In case I haven't raved enough about the scallopine, I love the recipe so so much! It's fancy enough to entertain with, with accessible yet super tasty flavors. It's also not too hard to prepare, especially by doing some prep work in advance. I'll have a simple salad on the side, and for dessert I'm bringing out the leftovers of what I baked last week, both Congo Bar and the cookie dough cupcakes - which I realize I still need to blog about!
After dinner, we'll watch that trashy show we love to watch together, the one that starts with a B and ends with "achelor". It's getting really juicy these days!
I'm feeling good, most of my prep work is done, and pretty soon it will be time to get a head start on the appetizer! Mostly I am glad so many of the girls could make it - I haven't seen all of them at once in quite a while! Some of us (not me though) will probably start moving next month so this is one of our last opportunities. I'm thinking it should be a good time, and I'm sure I'll update more later.
Have fun!! I do want that cookie dough cupcake recipe, please!
ReplyDelete