I am hosting some very special guests here this weekend - my mom an dad! Hubby and I have been wondering for a while if either set of parents would visit us down here, and sure enough, my parents wanted to come down while I was on my own, so I'll get some good time to spend with them and show them around. I definitely don't call them often enough (bad habit, and they never make me feel guilty which perpetuates the habit!) so I'm glad I'll get to really spend some good time with them and have them see what life is like down here. Their original flight was cancelled (as you may know they live up in the snowbound North) but they rescheduled last night before they even went to the airport. I hope their rescheduled flight stays on track. If all goes according to plan they will be here tonight!
I don't have many specific plans, mostly showing them around town, around post, trying to mooch a dinner out off of them, and cooking for them the rest of the time. They both are all for eating healthy kind of the same way I am - my mom is actually quite the champion, having lost around 50 lbs in the last two years and getting back to her pre-pregnancy weight (from me!) for the first time since I was born. She's quite the inspiration and I use the same website as her to track my food and workouts. I think my dad has also lost a little weight and managed to stay trim - in part by ceasing his consumption of Doritos and Coca-Cola (both of which I know he enjoyed when I was younger).
Though I generally don't feel homesick for my home state, I obviously love my parents and miss them. I'm an only child so it was just me growing up with them, they gave me so much, and now as an adult I realize they were wonderful examples for being good, responsible people, and their 25-year marriage is also a great example that I hope rubs off on me. I'm grateful they're visiting me down here! It's also inspired me to FINALLY clean out our office/second bedroom and a few other parts of the apartment that have been neglected, so that feels good too!
Anyway, time for me to get some exercise in (yoga and elliptical) and then finish my preparations!
No comments:
Post a Comment