Friday, February 18, 2011

Moving Forward!

I've been a bit MIA this week - honestly it wasn't that eventful until yesterday and today, preparing to see hubby and then spending some time with him today. I do have some reports on the sweet treats I made this week that I will share, but I'm too tired to do the photo uploading and such tonight. I'll work on that over the weekend!

Spent most of yesterday in the kitchen getting food ready, and spent the bulk of today getting ready to see, then seeing hubby, before sending him off to the next part of his training. I honestly expected it to be more of an emotional roller coaster, but I think I am just relieved that he is now as far as he is, and I feel a bit closer to done with the whole shebang. Needless to say though, spending time with him today was blissful! Makes me look forward to when this is all over with and I get to actually see him on a regular basis for some period of time, once more. I'm daydreaming about all the things to do together this spring, like take walks and do other things in this town before we move in the summer.

Going on a girls' outing tomorrow - I think it will be good to get out of the apartment. Okay fine, I'll admit it - going shopping again! But this time, outlet shopping. I'm not sure how much I will purchase but I'm looking forward to hanging out with the girls. And a week from today, I am going to CHICAGO to visit some of my best girlfriends from college, which promises to be an amazing time. I haven't seen two of them since our wedding, so it's definitely been too long! I also have never truly been to Chicago and I always hear how great it is, so I'm pumped just to be there! And yes, I realize it will be cold. No need to remind me. :-)

Alright, off to work on The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest some more before bed. Hoping to finish before I leave on my trip. I also watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind yesterday and definitely enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment