Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bugs, Field, Food

I am in a bloggy mood this week! Much like many other posts, I have a few random things to share, and I'm going to get to them in no particular order.

This morning while I was eating breakfast I saw a huge bug crawling across the floor! I followed it into the bathroom just to make sure I saw what I thought I was seeing, freaked out a little, and then grabbed a glass and stiff piece of paper with which to trap the thing. Of course the husband wasn't home, so it was up to me - I could either ignore it or get rid of it. After I grabbed my supplies, it took me a second to find it in the bathroom, but I trapped it against the side of the tub, slid the paper underneath, dropped it in the toilet and flushed it out of my life. Blegh. Still, I am proud of myself for getting rid of it! Up north we don't have bugs that big... and luckily so far we haven't had any other issues in our apartment.

I spent the whole morning at the gym - first on the elliptical in chatting mode, then at Pilates with Lola and three other ladies that I've been hanging out with. It feels so good to spend that much time there. Pilates was difficult, I still feel it in my muscles. But I like that feeling too.

I also got a mailing from my job lead that they're not hiring, but they said it in a very nice way. Luckily I'd started to form my backup plan already, so I might pursue a couple of other things. Mostly I am just trying to stay positive and proactive. Maybe the man was just being nice, but I really appreciated that he said my credentials were "most impressive." It's a nice thing to hear what with this job search not going anywhere!

The husband is out in the field tonight, just one night, for the first time in his training. It's definitely something to get used to, and kind of odd, but the wives I met at the orientation last week decided to do dinner and a movie for whoever wanted to come tonight, so I will be eating out with them and seeing Eat Pray Love! I'm so excited, and it's such a good solution considering I know that hubby wasn't particularly keen on going to see it with me. :-)

So that's where I am! Busy again this week (mostly getting to the gym and socializing and exercising there), but ultimately that's good for me, especially when my husband is at work more and more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment