Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Obsessed

My husband hasn't even seen the proof book and wedding photo discs we got, and I am already attempting to take said discs and start a project I've had in mind for a long time - using an online site to make our own photo book/wedding album (with the possibility of making more in the future). Before I used the reasoning that this method would cost less than having our (wonderful, amazing) photographer make us an album, but the more time I spend on this, the more I am convinced that I LIKE doing it myself, and love the control it gives me. Type A much? Whoops.

That said, looking through the photos I am amazed all over again at the skill of our photographers, not to mention what great people and professionals they are. We really lucked out, and my research also paid off. Hooray for good wedding decisions!

The "obsessed" refers to the fact that I know there are plenty of other things I could do today that would be productive, that hubby hasn't even seen the proof book, and yet I am going full steam ahead in trying to set this album up online. It's time consuming because I want to make sure the album tells the story of the day in an attractive way, AND we have so many photos to choose from - 1284! Sorting through that requires lots of editing, lots of realizing we don't need to include a ton of photos, and the album will benefit from careful choices. But, the truth is I just find it FUN. I love playing around with layouts, choosing the photos and deciding how to group them, and working on creating a visual representation of the day. So, hopefully at some point I will get a bit more reasonable. For now though I am off to check if the ceremony photos are done downloading. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I loved working on our wedding album. I had our photographer end up doing the final project, but we picked all the photos. I was just amazed at how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete