Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Beach Packing List

I'm pretty excited about this weekend's trip to the beach with R and C. Anyone who has been in my vicinity this week has probably heard about it... ah well. In my excitement, I've been thinking about, and in some cases acquiring, some key elements of my packing list, and I thought I'd go ahead and put some of it into a post.

First off, a bathing suit is pretty important I'd say! After striking out ordering online, I went ahead and bought one at trusty Tar-jay, proving once more that the most important thing is how the suit actually looks on me. Much as in summers past, halter cuts are my friend and I went with this:

(Image from Target.com, bought with matching bottoms)

Just today I swung by another store because I had implanted in my head the idea of a light white cover up, for walking around and shielding my shoulders from the sun at the beach. I am not the palest of people, but I'm on the paler end of the spectrum, and I do burn when in the sun for hours at a time, if I don't take any countermeasures. 

My cover up looks like this: 
(Old Navy)
 
I will also be taking along some sunscreen to hopefully avoid painful burns, and skin cancer too. I picked up some Neutrogena spray stuff - hopefully it works!


I also figured I could use another pair of flip flops for the summer and got these -

(Also from Old Navy)

So that's the highlights! Now I need to just write up the rest of the list, avoid waiting til the last second to pack, and I'm good to go!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing your packing list is making me a little bit jealous...but in the best possible way! I hope you have a fantastic trip with the girls!!!!! (Also, in my experience, the spray sunscreen is perfect, and I love it because I don't have to rub it in and get sunscreen all over my hands- one of my weird things haha) And you know how much I love the bathing suit :)

    ReplyDelete