Of course, I haven't been living entirely without furniture - I had a desk, TV/entertainment stand, and a bed for the past couple months, but I didn't have much beyond that. Thanks to a remarkably quick move this time around, our household goods were delivered today and though I am surrounded by boxes, I'm equipped with the stuff to make our house a home, which is exciting indeed.
I do wonder how I will balance all this, since I still have to go to school and all that (details...) but I'm just trying to think of it as attacking a few boxes at a time. I already took care of a few boxes that were in the kitchen for instance. It's also great to have a couch to sit on and watch TV, and nightstands next to the bed to put things on. It really helps me appreciate the function of furniture in my life to have not had much of it for the past 2.5 months!
Of course, much more important than furniture, is the impending arrival of hubby! The most likely thing is that he'll depart Military Home #1 on Friday, but it depends on the approval of some paperwork, which is out of his control at this point. Either way it's coming up fast and we're both ready for him to get here already!
No comments:
Post a Comment