First, I ripped all the leaves off the ribs and made sure they were roughly in bite size pieces. Then I drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled on some salt, then tossed it all together. I baked it in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes (I think maybe 13 minutes total... but who's counting?).
Some of them may have found their way into my tummy before I took the photo!
For whatever reason, they were even better than I remembered them being. I do think I may have put on too much salt, but you know - live and learn!
Just wanted to share one way I've used the kale I've gotten in the CSA share. It's great to have a way to make it into an easy snack!
Thanks for the illustrated how-to for a simple kale chips method. Now I feel more confident about trying it myself sometime. If this is the first time you made them with CSA kale, perhaps it was the freshness of the kale that made them especially tasty? Yum.
ReplyDelete