Me with five of my best girls :-)
One thing I've been happy about lately is that we've done a variety of things and gotten out of our school neighborhood to go out at night and take advantage of what the city has to offer. Last weekend, some of us went salsa dancing and it was incredibly fun. There are still a couple things left I'd love to do, including getting Ethiopian food on U St (I live in DC), and going to Eighteenth Street Lounge in Dupont. I think if I make sure to keep these things in mind, we'll get to do them, especially since we'll be hanging out for a period of time after finals are over before graduation.
So yes. Much as I do look forward to the next phase of life, I find myself trying to soak up the things I love about life here so I don't look back with regret. I guess this is something I'll be getting used to with the moving every few years that will be my life for the next however many years!
Only two more weeks of class, it's strange. And I graduate a month from *yesterday*. Wow. I can remember New Student Orientation in 2006 as though it were yesterday, and the full circle is about to close...
Next week for Wednesday night dinner, I'm attempting risotto! I will probably post between now and then, but stay tuned for those results!
I know exactly what you mean about making the most of the rest of your time in college! I miss college a lot, but, now it's time for that next phase you're talking about! I start grad school in 3 months..... lol
ReplyDelete