Good weekend this weekend - husband and I tried out a local pizza place for the first time last night, which was chill and delicious, and today we had over a bunch of his college buddies who live around here. A couple of them are leaving for long term training in a couple of weeks, so this was the last time most of them would be around before the first ones start moving next year. We had some NFL on, and we made food that reminded hubby of college, and was good for football - wings with veggies and potato wedges, and congo bars for dessert. We got lots of compliments on the food and it was nice to have everybody over, since we're only in this same spot with them for the year. I definitely love having people over to our apartment as well!
Another success this weekend was getting my new desk/workstation set up. We ordered it online, but had to assemble it ourselves. While the physical pieces are a bit shoddy (reflecting our budget), I really like the set up and functionality. I'm also really proud that we managed to put it together with no major meltdowns or stress on our relationship. :-)
Here it is hanging out in what will now be the office!
I've got more stuff than this set up on the desk, but I'll post another picture when I've set it up more fully.
Now I've just got to finish meal planning for the week (really just for myself) and then it will be off to bed to get ready for another busy week!
Ooh, I like the new desk, Kate!
ReplyDeleteOoh la la, I like the desk too! Good job, you two, on putting it together!
ReplyDelete