This has been an overall good week - lots of social time, plus volunteering, plus more baby-sitting, means very little time at home, which at times I regret but since hubby isn't home this week, it's nice to be busy!
Yesterday with M and J was good once again, and I'm headed over there this afternoon too. Their mom is still really happy with how they've warmed up to me, and I feel the same way. Plus it gets me back in touch with being a kid - nothing like letting the toddlers bury my feet in sand at the sandbox to remind me of life's simple pleasures.
I've also realized that for the first time this year, I might be one of those people thinking about Christmas in October, eep. Really it does appeal to my planning nature though. I'm concocting gift ideas that won't break the bank, making lists of things that we would like or need, and pondering our trip back to our home state and the logistics of everything. More than anything I am grateful that we get to spend our first married Christmas (and Thanksgiving!) together, since I know that will not always be the case. Hoping to book our flight soon, once hubby has a better idea of the work side of things!
I have already made a couple of Christmas purchases and have gifts pretty much outlined already for the holidays. Woo! Nothing wrong with being on top of things!
ReplyDelete(and it may be October, but it is the end of the month and that means it is almost November!)