Another day with two posts - I guess that's just how Mondays are for me lately, since I usually don't post on the weekends when hubby is home.
Monday: Grilled Vegetable Paninis* with Sweet Potato Fries
Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash w/ Turkey Meatballs and veggies
Wednesday: Balsamic Chicken w/ Eggplant, Tomato, Mozzarella Salad
Thursday: Panang Curry w/ Chicken
Friday: Quiche Lorraine + Smashed potatoes w/ lemon
*Writing "paninis" makes me part chuckle, part cringe, because of how wrong it is as it relates to real Italian. The singular of sandwich is "panino" and the plural is "panini" - so really panini is already plural, but in its Americanized form, we say paninis. Just wanted to mention it, so there's your Italian lesson for the day!
This reminds me that I do have one food photo I can share from a recent dinner, though it actually wasn't that recent. I made Seared Flat-Iron Steaks with Wine Sauce (though I believe I used a different cut), and added in some mashed potatoes and broccoli, both of which hubby made because he's a connoisseur of both foods, and because I told him he wanted to volunteer. In all seriousness though, assuming he's not just getting home from work, he's a great help in the kitchen. He also nicknamed the red wine sauce "booze butter" because it literally consisted of... you guessed it, wine and butter! It was fun to make such a "meat and potatoes" meal for a change, with the special touch of the yummy booze butter. :-)
MMM. The steak looks fabulous with the booze butter ;)
ReplyDeletehow funny! I though about making that same panang curry recipe! Let me know if it's good!
ReplyDelete