1. Tomato Basil Tartlets - I made these on Christmas Day as well for my parents and I, and I used more of my homemade olive tapenade then, which gave the tartlets more of a salty, savory flavor. It was just an overall stronger flavor I suppose. I actually used parchment paper yesterday, and that made the pastry crusts that much more beautiful, golden brown, and easy to work with.
Yesterday's Tartlets
2. Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Prosciutto - Since my parents already had some prosciutto, I figured I'd put it to good use. I also found good Medjool dates at the grocery store, and this appetizer was on its way. It was relatively easy to put together, and it was great at room temperature, which was also helpful. (The tomato tartlets were best fresh out of the oven.)
Incidentally, this recipe is very similar to one I made during my last year of college at my apartment for a dinner with some friends. In that recipe, I think it was just goat cheese stuffing, the basil was wrapped whole around the dates (rather than chopped up in the filling), and the dates were actually put in the oven to warm up and cook the prosciutto a bit. I liked both versions, but I did particularly enjoy the blend of mascarpone and goat cheese in Giada's recipe that I made yesterday. Either way, the flavor combination of the ingredients is awesome and I highly recommend it.
Stuffed dates, ready for prosciutto
The final product
Just wanted to share! I love finding good appetizer recipes because they're generally ones I share when either hosting or bringing something to a party, and few things are more gratifying than getting compliments on the food I make!
No comments:
Post a Comment