1. Cinnamon Rolls tomorrow morning - I'm pretty excited to delve into these gooey, warm, soft treats on Christmas morning. They're already assembled in the fridge, so I just have to bake them in the oven and make the icing!
2. My godmother's corn spoon bread - I've made this for the past couple Thanksgivings with hubby and my mom requested I make some for tomorrow's dinner.
3. Cranberry Sauce - I really want to try out making real cranberry sauce, so I bought some cranberries at the store. My mother had found a specific recipe she was curious about, so I'll be making that tomorrow as well.
4. Apple pie filling - my dad is going to make the crust, and I'll be responsible for the filling, and that's for Christmas dessert
5. Tomato Basil Tartlets - I saw Giada make these on television yesterday and they look quite scrumptious! I'm going to make them as a midday appetizer tomorrow to tide us over until our afternoon dinner.
[From Giada's website]
6. Cheesecake with mixed berry sauce - I'm using a Barefoot Contessa recipe that I first tried out in the spring. I love cheesecake, and it's wonderful to make and worked out last time. We'll be bringing this to an extended family gathering the day after Christmas.
[From Food Network's website]
I'm going to be cooking up a storm... and I wouldn't have it any other way! Hopefully I'll be back to recap at least some of this after the holiday. Also, stay tuned later today for a post remembering a very special time in my life, three years ago today!


No comments:
Post a Comment