Sunday, December 25, 2011

New Kitchen Adventures

I've gotten two lovely food-related Christmas gifts in the past couple days, one is this lovely book, which I think I've been at least sort of desiring for at least a year:


Although one can get most/all of these recipes on PW's website, there's something satisfying about owning the physical book. It's fun to look through and imagine what I can attempt next. :-)

Also, another favorite present wasn't even the actual thing, but a promise from my parents to send it for when I get back to Military Home #2. What is it, you ask? Let me show you...

It's a Hamilton Beach programmable slow cooker!

I'll be honest - in the past, I didn't see the need for a slow cooker. I felt like I made better/good food without one, and it just didn't seem to be something that I'd use that much. Fast forward to now - I see many yummy slow cooker recipes online, AND I lead a busier life than I did last year. Enter, the slow cooker. Now that I know I'll be getting one, I've been busy searching and pinning slow cooker recipes, trying to figure out what yumminess I can cook up when I get back. 

This is where I ask for a favor, readers. If you have any favorite slow cooker recipes, please share them! I'd appreciate it so much - definitely trying to build up my list of recipes to try. Thanks in advance! 

And of course, Merry Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment