So, I've been somewhat into blogs for a while. I had one while I was abroad, and my family and friends loved it, and I loved sharing my odd Italian adventures with them via the blog. I also followed my friends' abroad blogs and a few others at the time, if I remember correctly.
Then something else in my life happened. We decided to get married. So I found wedding blogs, slowly but surely. Then we got engaged, so it was all out in the open, and my wedding blog passion took off. It ebbed and flowed throughout our engagement, from gathering ideas and inspiration to then whittling everything down, but my clear favorites emerged - namely Weddingbee and A Practical Wedding. These are the main two that I have continued to read post-wedding, but the fact has hit home that Weddingbee in particular is time consuming to keep up with! They have multiple brides over there who detail their wedding planning, and at some point, it has to stop, I have to move on. So, I am trying to finish following some of the ladies I started following while I was still planning, while ignoring newer bloggers, just so I don't get invested. I hope that doesn't sound silly, but it's true!
A Practical Wedding is different though - it's smart, it discusses marriage, it is almost always thought provoking for me, and I still find value in reading it. That is one that will stay on my reader for longer I am thinking...
In addition to the phasing out of wedding stuff, I'm noticing a newfound interest in food blogs, blogs of former brides who are now mothers (learning for the not super near future), and most recently, homekeeping type blogs.
All this has been a big lead-in to a new blog I just felt like sharing - called Small Notebook. I stumbled upon it searching for ways to make iced coffee at home (which I still have yet to try) and I have really like the rest of the posts I clicked through to find. This new blog has found its own place on my reader, and with it I am noticing how my projects have shifted - from finding beautiful but cost effective and true-to-us things to do for the wedding, to trying to figure out how to keep the apartment clean and uncluttered and make better use of our resources.
Of course, it is not totally lost on me that one way to keep the apartment clean and uncluttered is to spend more time attending to it, and less time reading blogs. That is an issue for another post though. :-)
Plenty has been going on this week - a plethora of errands and outings, my second day of volunteering and hopefully becoming more useful than in the way, and waiting for the oil leaks in our older car to get fixed. Good times indeed, but I will go into more detail at another time. Now I am going to leave unloading the dishwasher til tomorrow (see? I am most definitely a work in progress...), get ready for bed, and snuggle in with a book, because another one of my projects is making real progress on my "To Read" list!
(The main three blogs listed in this post are linked when I first mentioned them, if you want to easily check any of them out!)
I'm definitely going to check out that Small Notebook blog! :)
ReplyDeleteLove this post. I started out reading mostly newlywed/army wife blogs. Eventually, it became more healthy living, law students/young attorneys and family blogs. It's funny how we "grow up" :)
ReplyDelete