Between being in vacation mode and actually occupying myself with various things, I've felt about as busy as a non-student, unemployed person can feel today and this week! I will post about our trip to Savannah later (it was great) but that involves putting up pictures and things, which I don't have time to do tonight.
Suffice it to say that I went to THREE fitness classes today. Yes, I realize this sounds crazy. I just have a couple of groups of ladies that I do classes with, and I wanted to see them, plus after overeating all weekend I figured it couldn't hurt. To be fair, the middle class was yoga, which was a change of pace from spin (class 1) and zumba (class 3). I would have NEVER just walked into a spin class by myself, but I was invited, and figured I'd give it a shot. I had also taken another class with the instructor before and really like her, which helps. It was definitely challenging and the lazy part of me didn't love every second, but I think I will have to go back because I feel like it makes a difference fitness-wise!
I went grocery shopping after that, came home to do some apartment stuff, hubby got home early (yay) so we hung out a little bit before I went to a social gathering of other wives in my position - plus some of the corresponding "leader" wives. I was just a bit nervous beforehand, but everything went fine and I enjoyed myself. It's always good taking opportunities to meet more people here!
Tomorrow I am doing a class-type thing with a couple of friends all day. The sheer length of the thing kind of makes me want to groan, but from what I've heard it will be fun and full of useful info. I guess my other to do's for the week will just have to wait til Thursday and Friday!
I've been wanting to try out a spin class on post, but I'm scared I would be one of those people that had to walk out halfway through :)
ReplyDeleteIf I can do it, seriously anyone can! And having a good instructor makes a difference - the one for this class was motivational without being mean, and she makes a big difference for me!
ReplyDelete