The past day plus has been above average busy for me, but I'm not complaining! Yesterday I had to get our older car into the shop for work on some oil leaks (which they found when I took it for an oil change a week ago). They weren't sure they could work on it yesterday (they didn't), but we'd arranged it all out to leave the car there, so there it stays, and I've given hubby some rides to and from work.
After dropping off the car (and seeing a friend there dropping HER car off), I headed over to our ID card office, where I unfortunately had to go AGAIN to work on my issue where I was in the system with my first name spelled wrong - two pesky letters were reversed in their order. Thankfully hubby had some time on Friday to go fill out paperwork and make me an appointment, and because of that everything went smoothly yesterday. I am the proud owner of a shiny new ID that reflects my actual first name, woohoo!
THEN, I went over to an office on post where I'd arranged to volunteer... first speaking with them about three weeks ago. I hadn't written about it here before because of how it was still up in the air, but now I've actually started. What's good is that this office relates to my career field (law), I get to interact with people in the field who also are close to the military, I get some structure in my day, and I've got some valuable new experience and eventually references for my resume. The one negative? I don't get paid... Ah well. I am still in the market for paying job, but it just feels empowering to actually start doing something in the meantime. Now of course, I would love to stay with my volunteer position, and work for pay only some days a week, so that's a bit tricky, but we'll see.
Anyway, I really like the people in the office. Yesterday was a getting introduced day, with a little bit of actual work, but mostly just meeting people and being shown around. I'm optimistic about this opportunity and hope to learn a lot and get some great experience!
After leaving the volunteering location, I went to the grocery store, and then headed back home, only to go back later to get hubby from work. After doing the dinner and hanging out thing and sleeping, I got up with him early this morning to take him to work! It was kind of fun to get up with him and talk with him this morning, but only because I don't do it all the time I think. :-)
Later today I'll be off to some exercise classes and a few other errands. I'm hoping to straighten up a bit too and just generally get life in order, because tomorrow I will be volunteering once again. Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment