Monday, June 20, 2011

Evolving Culinary Skill

I put off grocery shopping from today until tomorrow this week, and as such had to come up with dinner on the fly - I'm pretty happy with what I came up with: whole wheat pasta mixed with a fresh (farmer's market) tomato, tuna, garlic, basil, and olive oil, topped with some grated pecorino cheese. It was simple but yummy and satiating, and I was proud of myself! Throwing meals like that together without a recipe makes me feel resourceful and knowledgeable, which is a nice feeling for sure.

Now that I feel I've generally got the food thing under control, I want to learn to grow things better, and learn more about home decor and crafts and such! I guess I do have my whole lifetime, but I get impatient.

In related news, I joined Pinterest a few days ago and with it have found a new addiction. Anyone have home decor or craft blogs they really enjoy? I'd love to hear suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment