Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today was one of the best days of my life, but more importantly it was the beginning of my marriage, which is one of the single best things in my life. We were blessed that everything went (mostly) smoothly, but the bigger blessing was being surrounded by so many amazing friends and family, and feeling their warmth and love radiate toward us. I remember a lot of things, but one of my very favorite things was the feeling I had while walking down a very long aisle and seeing this guy waiting for me:


We have spent half this year living together, getting to spend each and every weekend together. The other half, we've seen each other very little, and actually talked very little. No matter our situation, I feel as though we have grown in our relationship each and every day. Even apart from each other, he finds ways to show how much he cares. When the current separation takes its toll, I take the long view. I think of our future, our family, and all the anniversaries that I hope we will be blessed to celebrate. Celebrating this one at a later date when we're together doesn't take away from how special it is. Life has so many twists and turns, so many decisions and considerations, but in this seemingly short year it has become clear to me that no matter what is put in our way, we are each other's biggest fans and cheerleaders, each other's best partners, and above all, we are a team. As uncertain as I sometimes feel the details of our future are, I know that we will be a team in it all and that is a huge comfort in the uncertainty - and sometimes it even makes it exciting.


"Hubby," I love you. I know you aren't reading this today, but you will read it someday when you catch up on all the blogging I have done while you've been away. I hope you know that each and every day has only reinforced the decision I made to marry you, and sometimes I find myself wondering how I got to be in this fortunate situation, to have found someone who loves me enough to commit to me for life, and not only that, but to be the incredible husband that you are. The separation has been hard for us both, but another honeymoon period is coming when you get back, and more than anything it has reminded me just how special our time together is. I treasure every moment with you and I so look forward to what I hope are many anniversaries marking our years together. We will live in many places and go through many stages, but the best part will be that I will always be with you, whether physically or emotionally or both. Here's to the end of this first year and the beginning of many more.

 
[All photos in this post are by Uplift Photography]

4 comments:

  1. Love you (and D)! Sending big hugs from far away, and good thoughts for many more happy anniversaries to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post!!!! And I'm sure hubby will love reading this and all of your musings since he's been gone. You are both so lucky to have found each other, and I'm sending nothing but good wishes, hugs, and hopes for many more wonderful anniversaries!!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful anniversary post.

    ReplyDelete