Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ohhh... that's why! (Lessons on Car Batteries, among other things)

This is going to be a short post because I need to get to bed because of an early wake-up time tomorrow, but I just wanted to share a word to the wise on here, since this little lesson is something that a friend of mine and myself both learned.

Both our guys (fiance in her case) were leaving for some training and told us to drive the secondary car (in our case, the "old car") at least once a week or so. We "listened" yet at the same time, didn't quite put enough real actual emphasis on this piece of advice since we didn't truly understand where it was coming from. Well, after our conversations on how we discovered dead batteries in said cars (and I have now used insurance to get the thing jumped twice), we said to each other "Ohhhh, that's why they wanted us to drive the cars! They have to get driven to keep the batteries charged!"

For the record, I do wonder if maybe we need a new battery in ours. It is not that old really, but it seems to die a bit quickly lately, though I am trying to drive it as much as possible to compensate. Luckily I am not too stressed out since we have the "newer car" to drive as well, but if it dies entirely again, I might take it to a place and have it looked at after getting it jumped... again. Ah the trials and tribulations of holding down the fort. But on the plus side, I am learning, and becoming more of a real adult, even if that is a pretty basic lesson to have learned! Also, it just exemplifies something I need to work on - the fact that when I have an idea, I take action quickly and decisively, but with hubby's ideas, I can be a bit slower. He's pointed it out and I am guilty as charged - not that I do this expressly, but it just seems to happen. I'm also amazed at how quickly I accomplish things that I want to do or are fun to do, but how much I drag my feet on other things I know I should do... just another way I am a work in progress!

Hope everyone reading is doing well - it has been hard to stay cool here, I just want to hide in the AC all the time! Maybe it will cool off slightly sometime soon... but I am not holding my breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment