Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Road Trip Fun

This past weekend (well, it was an extended weekend actually), I visited a new (to me) midwestern state with a good friend, R. We visited her family at the home she grew up in, and I also took a couple of days to visit some of hubby's family who live relatively close by. It was great to see them as well - I am so lucky to have a family full of in-laws that I love like the family I grew up in! With hubby's cousins (two boys about 9 and 11 years old) I played Wii tennis, learned about comic book treasuries, and watched Youtube videos. I had girl talk with hubby's aunt and enjoyed a couple of family meals with them all.

Back in the country with R and her family, I got to learn about all the family farms, play with a new kitten, and sit on the porch writing letters to hubby. R and I are in the same situation with our husbands' training, and so its invaluable to have each other (along with a couple of other great girls) to lean on. It was a 10-hour road trip to and from her home state, but the hours flew by thanks to wonderful conversation and company. It was a wonderful little deviation from my normal routine and I definitely feel refreshed upon my return.

Here are a few pictures to sample my time with R's family:

 Corgi! Reminds me of my parents' dog who is part corgi. 

 Very different from where I grew up in the northeast!



The kitty went too far up in the tree and had to have her mom (R's sister) rescue her!

No comments:

Post a Comment