Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Holiday Poll

Well, as of now there is no clear favorite out of the comments for my Shutterfly post. I got one vote for each haha! It's all good though, because as I play with our photo options and look at it more, I think a personal favorite is emerging, though I have to run it by hubby. I'll wait to reveal the final choice so it's a surprise for any of you that may be receiving a card from us!

Now, there is an even more pressing matter at hand that I'd like to ask for input on. Thanksgiving is coming up SOON, and we are doing it right here at our apartment, since our home state is a loooong journey and we'll be there over Christmas. So I really need to get planning, but so far my problem is I don't have a good veggie dish. A lot of other things are no-brainers, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and I think this really moist cornbread recipe I got from my godmother. The big missing piece? VEGETABLES! So, I am appealing to you dear readers, to share any of your favorite Thanksgiving veggie recipes. I'd love some inspiration! Thanks in advance. :-)

I had a great day here, though I am slightly unnerved by the 70+ sunny weather. In November! I know it's silly to complain about that type of weather, it's just an adjustment for me! Anyway, I went back to spin class (yay), socialized over coffee and fro yo, and got some good volunteering in. I'm happy and grateful for things right now and I'm trying not to take it for granted.

And on one very last little sidenote, I just finished watching this week's Glee and loved it! So over the top cheesy, but the messages and musical performances are irresistible for me.

Alright, let's have it. Any Thanksgiving veggie dishes you all want to share?

4 comments:

  1. We always have a side of green beans. And maybe a corn pudding :) And my mom always makes broccoli casserole. Yum. Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to my hubby about this one [in preparation for our own first Turkey day!]. He requested plain-Jane green beans. We're also making broccoli casserole and glazed carrots. I also count the sweet potatoes in here, even though they're covered in marshmallows! ;)

    This is the gist of the glazed carrots -- http://southernfood.about.com/od/carrots/r/bl61012a.htm [I still have yet to dig out our recipe!]

    Another dish I'm a fan of but I don't think will make the cut is a cheddar cheesey squash casserole. So good, but I think we're going to have more than enough food already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think green bean casserole is pretty traditional. I also love brussel sprouts (I know, I'm weird), and my family usually does a tossed salad as well, so that there's one thing that doesn't need to be cooked in advance. I'm sure whatever you pick will be delicious!

    And yes, I am commenting on your blog instead of doing my con law reading. Don't judge. I just love you THAT much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for the vegetables, easy, depends on the meal. If thanksgiving as lunch, then cooked carrot coins. If as dinner (meaning garlic smashed potatos and stuffing) then cooked green beans. Next problem?

    ReplyDelete