1. Hubby had a short weekend - he had to work today in the afternoon because of the long weekend coming up. I guess that kind of cancels it out a little bit, but there you go. We made it count though, by going out to dinner Friday night (fun, tasty food, definitely a success) and doing absolutely nothing that required us to put on real clothes and leave the apartment yesterday. Hooray for PJ days!
2. This morning I made Barefoot Contessa's Maple-Oatmeal Scones for hubby because he'd mentioned scones as a request a while back. I could only make a 1/4 recipe, because I only had one stick of butter and the recipe called for a pound, and I substituted some milk with lemon juice for buttermilk, but in the end I was able to make it without making a special trip to the store. They came out really well and I'll definitely make them again! Hubby especially loved the glaze. :-)
I took a photo, of course:
Got 4 scones out of the 1/4 recipe!
3. One of my major tasks this weekend was getting our finances in order. I was spurred on because I'm currently reading Smart Couples Finish Rich by David Bach. Hubby thinks it's the same as any other financial book, and he may well be right, but at the very least I used it as inspiration to get a box of files together the way the author recommends. I love organization (even though I do tend toward clutter...), so it's really satisfying to know I'll have our statements, tax returns, and other documents within easy reach.
4. I did some meal planning and even got a few things at one store tonight, so I had a meal planned for tonight too:
Sunday: Chipotle Bean Burritos (Cooking Light)
Monday: Cavatappi with Prosciutto and Parmesan (CL)
Tuesday: Seared Tuna with Japanese Salsa
Wednesday: Beef with Snow Peas (PW) and jasmine rice
Thursday: Philly Cheese Steak with Carrots and Broccoli
Friday: Eat out on our daytrip to the big city during the long weekend
Saturday: Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes (CL), with Orzo and Roasted Broccoli
Tomorrow I'm back in fitness class, grocery shopping, and baby-sitting. Crazy to think the hubby's weekend will start Wednesday night!
oooh what class are you doing? I am getting a new monthly pass and planning to hit up many more classes this month! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting a picture of what look like delicious scones as I start my pre-holiday detox. So torturous. I'll have to make those after the holidays!
ReplyDeleteOooh yum, your recipes sound amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteDoes philly cheese steak night come with spicy potato wedges, granola, and vanilla yogurt? It should...
ReplyDelete