Sunday, November 21, 2010

Meal Planning for a Special Week

This week is certainly an unusual food week, but one I am very excited for! I'll be cooking special items both for hubby's birthday on Wednesday, and for Thanksgiving. In addition to the Wednesday dinner, I'll be making a pecan pie since it is one of his favorite desserts. Our weekend has been pretty relaxing, I'm looking forward to another short week and a weekend full of food and celebration. 

Monday: Family Favorite Salad with Ranch Dressing by Guy Fieri
Tuesday: Burrito Bowls with rice, beans, cheese, salsa, avocado, and other fixings
Wednesday (Hubby's birthday!): Chicken Parm (PW version) with linguine and steamed broccoli
Thursday: THANKSGIVING, specifically: Turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes (done by hubby), my godmother's corn spoon bread, Green Beans with Caramelized Onions and Almonds, and pumpkin pie 
Friday: Sausage and Broccoli Pizza
Saturday and the rest of forever: Any Thanksgiving leftovers that need eating :-)

I also managed to finish Julie and Julia, which means my next book to start is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which I've had on hold for a while and finally got to pick up at the library. Of course in the meantime, another book I had on hold has become available, so I'll stay motivated to read quickly. :-)

I'll try to update a couple times this week, and of course I will also attempt to document our first married Thanksgiving as well!

1 comment: