Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful, the final chapter (on the blog at least)

With Thanksgiving weekend wrapping up, I figured I should finish out my thankful posts. My other three posts focused on the people in my life, and when I stop to feel thankful they are the ones who truly come to the top of my list as making such a big difference. However I thought I'd add some more things here, both silly and not so silly, to finish out my little series. :-)

I am thankful for my health and the health of many family and friends. I am thankful that some family members have their conditions under control, and that one friend has a serious condition diagnosed and is now in treatment. You know who you are, and you know I am thinking of you constantly!

I am thankful for the physical security my husband and I have - that we have an apartment, and can buy our groceries and pay our bills, and that we have medical insurance. Despite many of the negatives of his profession, I am thankful that he has one with pretty extreme job security and that we can live off his compensation while I take my "gap year" and go to school again starting next year. I know that so many in the world, and many in the United States, don't count this among their blessings, and I know I need to remember that every day.

I am thankful for both of our educations and for the way our parents supported those educations, and I am grateful for the opportunity to go to a very good law school near our next duty station.

I am thankful for the lovely wedding we had in June, where we were surrounded by so many friends and family and so much love.

I am thankful for the weekends I've had to make food, travel a little, watch movies, and relax with my husband.

I am thankful for the volunteering opportunity, baby-sitting work, and fitness classes I've found to keep my schedule full and somewhat productive.

I am thankful for all the culinary adventures I've had time for since we moved here - it's truly fun and yummy!

I am thankful for my morning coffee, for my laptop and the internet.

I am thankful for social outings with friends here in town.

I am thankful for the TV shows I like to watch - trashy and non-trashy alike!

I am thankful for the trip we have planned to our home state for the holidays, and the fact that there is a prayer for a white Christmas up there (because I am pretty sure the chance is teeny tiny for a white Christmas here!).

I am thankful for all the time I have had to read for pleasure, and for the local library that has a good system and wide selection of books!

I am thankful that I know myself well enough to not go shopping on Black Friday, because that type of thing is just not my thing at all!

That sounds good! I will post again, as soon as later today, to quickly recap our Thanksgiving and my first time heading up the meal preparation!

No comments:

Post a Comment