Friday, January 28, 2011

The Best of All Worlds - In a Recipe!

If it seems like all I write about these days is food... that's probably because I do mostly write about food. But it's my blog so I get to do that. :-) Honestly, there isn't a ton going on with me this week besides my little food triumphs, and doing more reading than usual (yay!) but I am going on a mini-outing with some of the ladies this evening. And hubby will be home again during the day tomorrow and Sunday! We might even do normal things like watch movies and last weekend he mentioned taking me out to lunch or something - fancy!

Anyway, back to the title of this post. Yesterday I finally tried a recipe I'd been meaning to try for a while, it's from the New York Times, and it's for Cardamom-Scented Oatmeal Pancakes. It's mainly made up of oatmeal, some flour, and so on, with chopped dried apricots and almonds sprinkled in. There's a little cardamom of course, and I added some flaxseed to mine for good measure. The resulting food was different than your normal pancakes (I'm pretty sure hubby would request a return to Bisquick if I served them to him), but I loved them for the blend of nutrition and sheer deliciousness. The recipe also calls for one to drizzle honey over them before eating, and I certainly obliged that request! Making the full recipe made 8 pancakes, and I've been eating them in servings of two. They also keep me full for a while which is a nice plus. This is definitely a recipe I will return to, because there is just something awesome about pancakes that I can truly say are good for me!

I haven't taken a picture of them (gasp!) yet. Maybe I will have to do that when I heat up some more of my leftovers over the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment