Sunday, January 16, 2011

Relaxed Weekend

I haven't done a ton this weekend - that only became slightly bad yesterday when I realized I'd spent too much time on the computer. I started off well by going to spin class (which had some added squats and ab exercises). I ate according to my plan, which was another plus, and I accomplished one of my goals for while hubby is gone - I got iTunes onto my computer and combined our music together. (I also bought some new stuff, some for us both, and some for me, with the large amount of giftcards we have to spend.) I do just wish I'd managed to mix in a bit more variety by completing another goal or reading more than I did. Today is another day however! I'm going to baby-sit this afternoon, which will add some variety and something to do outside the house.

I had a delicious breakfast smoothie this morning - banana, Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries and blackberries, a little fruit juice, and a little honey! So tasty! Speaking of tasty, I made a delicious and fast dinner thanks to Giada - and one I knew was super good for me as well, so I felt great about it all around. In photo form, here is my Broiled Salmon with Herb Mustard Glaze:


As you can see it was paired with some roasted broccoli and a little lemon for squeezing!

I've also found myself interested in foods that are a little on the "weird" side like quinoa and flaxseed, both of which I'll be experimenting with soon. If anyone has yummy ways to prepare and use either or both of them, I'd love to hear about it! In reading all about health these foods come up a lot, and since I'm not familiar with them I figured why not. Also, with hubby not here, I'm not making him a guinea pig for my weird food experiments. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Your meals are always so healthy! I should work on that more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quinoa and flaxseed! my mom bakes with ground flax all the time, it's a great butter substitute. We usually eat quinoa as a side, but apparently you can also eat it as hot cereal for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete