Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Processed Guilty Pleasure

So, for my health in general, and in particular my current nutrition and weight loss goals, I feel like I have been reinforcing to myself over and over lately that I need to be eating and cooking with foods that are as natural as possible, and avoiding processed food to the greatest extent I can manage. Most of the time, I feel really good about where I am with that (I mean, I'm working on incorporating flax and quinoa in my diet!). However, tonight I indulged in one of my lingering processed food guilty pleasures - boxed macaroni and cheese, replete with the powdered cheese that you mix with butter and milk! For what it's worth, I used an organic/natural brand, and I added some peas in there for color and texture and veggie content. I know it doesn't really make it better though. But it was so good, and I don't regret it. Tomorrow I'll be back to my normal ways - making pasta with asparagus, goat cheese, and lemon, and using whole wheat pasta to boot!

(Sorry for the rapid fire posts - feeling inspired tonight I suppose!)

1 comment:

  1. oh Kate, you are going to love my forthcoming blog posts for work...they are all food related.

    ReplyDelete