Well, I dropped hubby off for his training this morning. I couldn't really have asked for a better last couple of days with him - we did a couple things that you could call productive but mostly we just lazed around and enjoyed each other's company. We did end up staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve, but we were definitely asleep right after that! I did a pretty good job holding it together before he left, but we set each other off a couple of times - and we watched Time Traveler's Wife yesterday - it's a tearjerker and I was emotionally vulnerable, so I definitely cried!
Much as I tell myself to hold it together and be strong, I will be honest - I had a little breakdown moment when I got back to the apartment. I am working on transitioning into "independent mode" as I've been calling it, but the first couple days after a good-bye are always the hardest. I think it just really hit me when I got back that he'd just been there with me, and then I got back and he wasn't, and won't be for a while, and it was just that moment of sadness. But, I'm getting together with some other ladies tonight, and I know I have girlfriends both locally and far away who I can lean on, whether in person or through computer and phone.
Today's project (at least until I leave for dinner) is cleaning the apartment. So far I've made a little progress, but there's plenty left to do. I'm just going to keep on working on being productive and doing little things for me, and start writing letters to hubby when I get his address from him!
In my experience, two movies to never watch when you're emotionally vulnerable: Time Traveler's Wife and The Notebook. Hang in there!!!!!!!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHugs.
ReplyDeleteStay busy!! I swear, it helps.
And don't be afraid to ask for help. Ranger School and two deployments and I am still learning this one...